Thursday, January 31, 2013

Getting Messy with Dusty Attic...

Oh how I love the new releases from Dusty Attic, and this Flower Buds piece is probably my favourite of all!
 
I used an awful amount of paint and ink on this layout, but it was so much fun!
 
I have discovered that when I want to use a lot of wet medium on my pages, it is best to use a piece of raw chipboard as my base, rather than cardstock This way there is no warping, and this is what I used for this layout.
 
I covered the base in white acrylic, firstly with a brush, and then when this was dry, I stippled another coat on with a sponge. I love the texture that I got.
 
When dry again, I spritzed blue mists in one section and allowed them to drip down, then when dry, I did the same above with a yellow mist. This way there was minimal colour mixing :-)
 
I also added a bit of masked white paint under the photo, and some small flicked dots of ink.
 

This page is really quite simple, but I think it needs to be to focus on the beautiful Dusty Attic Chipboard piece. I just dabbed some white paint on this, leaving the edges raw so as to make it stand out on the page.
 

You can find loads more inspiration using DA products HERE on their site.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Love it :)

Dawn Ruth said...

I love this page its just gorgeous will have to try some paint on a page. I love the dusty attic stuff its just too tempting though

Anita said...

Absolutely beautiful Lou, gorgoues in its simplicity x

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment...it really is appreciated!