Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Confession and a Challenge...

First up I want to scream from the rooftops...I HAVE SCRAPPED FOR MYSELF!!! and I loved every minute of it! The past six months have been tough for me at home and this has really reflected on my concentration, motivation and creativity. Scrapping has been limited to DT work only, and in all honesty I don't believe I have been creating to my full potential either.
However...things are looking up and I'm back and ready to make up for lost time!!

My confession is that i needed a kick start to get back into the swing of things, so I scraplifted a layout. I have never needed to do this before, and I do feel like I have 'cheated' but if you saw the layout I used...i'm sure you would be inspired too! It was a beautiful page in the back of one of the Scrap365 magazines by Kim Woods. I absolutely adored it, and so used the basic composition to create this page...







I have changed the colours, and many of the embelishments, but I still cannot take full credit for it.

And a challenge? Well this was another way of me trying to get back into scrapping for fun. I saw a sketch challenge the same Scrap 365 magazine and decided to have a go. It looked like quite a busy sketch, which as you know is not like me usually...I like my white space! But I think I managed to compromise, leaving embelishments to a minimum so that the focus is mainly on the photo and journaling...






So know while the little ones are in school, I am going to have another shot at something creative...wish me luck :)

3 comments:

hotpotato said...

Love them both Lou.........see you Friday!

Rachael Elliott said...

Gorgeous pages Lou! So glad that you found time and motivation to scrap just for you :) xx

My simple life said...

love both layouts, think the eyes one is my favourite though :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment...it really is appreciated!