Monday, March 1, 2010

My afternoon...

...was great! I had some sort of virus yeasterday, leaving me incapable of even getting up, and it seems maybe it has rubbed off on Oliver today as he spent nearly 3 hours asleep this afternoon, and he even had theconsideration to do it whilst Izabelle was still at school!

This gave me the perfect opportunity to do some well deserved scrapping! So here is what I did....

I cut out the section of patterned paper behind the photo etc, so I could cut out single butterflies as embelishments. Won't waste a bit me!

They were really fiddly, and even more so to trace around and cut out brown ones as bottom layers! But well worth it.

Also, I wanted to show you this page I did on Saturday. I adored the photos of my daughter doing her school reading books, but as she had her red school jumper on, and our carpet is almost an identical colour, she didn't really stand out. This meant I definatly couldn't have the photos as black and white ones.

Shame.
Anyway, I had promised myself I would do a LO with a bit of colour, so I did, and this what happened....

I think the only bit of this page I am really happy with is the title. I raised a few random letters, and it looks pretty cool.

Well hubby has warned that he may be out in his lorry tonight so I won't be tidying my scrapping bits away for the day yet, just in case :)

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Lou these are both gorgeous!! Love the first one with the block of craft and those papers are gorgeous what are they? I really should get them as they have butterflies on lol.
I love your second one too, you have used colour perfectly especially with that cream background it is perfectly balanced. I love the scalloped edge you have done in the green too.

nerllybird said...

Don't know why you're not happy with this, it looks great, particularly like the way you've inked the edges of the photos.

Sandra said...

I just love visiting your blog, you're so talented. I just love, love, love both of these layouts

Sarah said...

Love both of these layouts but the butterflies are just stunning. I have the very same paper so may just get cutting out a few butterflies...hope you don't mind...!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment...it really is appreciated!