Thursday, February 18, 2010

Poorly People and Perfect Portraits.....

The poorly people were, well, all of us! We have all just gotten over a tummy bug which washed us all out for nearly a week. Even my overactive, excitable son who lets nothing get in his way was reduced to a lethargic state!






Very blurry face there!

Thank fully we are all now fully recovered, so I have finally managed to make another LO. It may have been only a week, but it seems like much longer since I have had the chance to scrap!


I was however, quite stuck for inspiration. This usually doesn't happen for long but I just could not get started! That was, until I found a sketch on the Sarah's Cards Blog.

My photo I had already chosen was the perfect shape and size for the sketch, and the bits I had started to choose fit in well too. So i just jiggled my exsisting layers around, added a few more, and voila!

I machine stiched around the edge, which is an effect I really like at the moment, and used 4 Bo-Bunny brads. Now usually, I wouldn't use more than one on a LO because they are too expensive and yummy to waste, but as these were free, I didn't mind! :)


In fact, I loved this sketch so much, I just might use it to do another page again soon. Maybe rotated? Watch This Space....!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

aawww, so sorry to hear you've all been unwell, but it's so nice to see that gorgeous layout of yours.

cathy said...

Gorgeous page Lou - I love all the distressing & the butterflies add prettiness!
Hope your kiddies are well again soon & maybe you could use those photo's for our next challenge!?
Thanx for joining in :)

Sally said...

What a gorgeous LO - Love that pin through the brad - and glad to hear you are a lot better now.

Rachael said...

Gorgeous LO Lou! Glad you liked the sketch and thanks for joining in :)
Glad your little ones are feeling better they both look so sorry for themselves :(

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment...it really is appreciated!