Sunday, November 8, 2009

How embarrasing!

Much to my Husbands disgust, I made the page yesterday.....




It was supposed to be quite quick and simple. I already had the colour scheme and layout in mind before I started, and even a title. But I started with this sheet as my backing page....



Although I absolutley LOVE the paper, with such a busy background, everything looked too crowded and nothing stood out. I decided to save this sheet for when I have very little time, and only want to add a few simple plain embellies.

So what to do now...? I have everything ready, just nothing suitable to stick it down onto. i put it all against blue, green, grey, coffee coloured cardstock, but it all looked a bit lost on the page without that brown frame...


AHH HAA!!!! That was it...the brown frame! I used the diecut sheet as a template and cut out a brown frame from plain brown bazzil. VOILA!! It finished off the page perfectly!

3 comments:

laterg8r said...

i love using templates - your page rocks, poor DH LOL :D

yyam said...

Love the layout Lou! The pictures are hilarious (I made my nephews wear tiaras for a photoshoot too! *LOL*)...love all the embellies too! Especially that arrow! Great work!

Jessica said...

too funny!! great pg. and love what you did with the papers.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment...it really is appreciated!